CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Getting Ready for Spring

What a difference a week makes! Just last Sunday, we were getting ready for snow. And this weekend, it got up to 80 degrees! Crazy! But the weather was perfect. It inspired me to do some Spring cleaning and change our bedding in our master bedroom.
On Saturday, I slept in, but as soon as I woke up I started to do things around the house. I managed to sweep, vacuum, mop the kitchen and wood floors, dust off all the furniture in the family and clean the half bathroom downstairs all in an hour and half! I don't know what it was, but I think I was anxious to get out and enjoy the day. Also, I opened up some windows to air out the house. This is great to do since we've been closed up for the winter. I was able to wear my first cute dress and sandals of the year and we headed to the Farmers Market for some flowers. To my disappointment, there weren't any flower stands. :( (I guess I was too hopeful and Spring is NOT really here just yet!) So, instead we enjoyed some ice cream on the benches and the warm sun.


We then headed to Macy's because I really wanted a new Comforter set for our master bedroom. I was hoping to find some good deals. I was looking for something to brighten our room for Spring. And to be honest, I needed some change! And to my surprise, I found "the one". It's Martha Stewart (of course!) and I totally fell in love with it. And it was like on major, major sale. I couldn't resist. On Sunday, I flipped our bed around, put the bedding together and cleaned our room. It feels great to have a clean fresh room. I also picked up her latest Spring kitchen towels! So cute, too! Check them out!

Can you tell I am anxious for the Spring!? And in some other great news...My dad was gracious enough to purchase a ticket home to Miami for Spring Break! I will be in town April 12-15. Then on the 16th we are headed to Alabama for Ford's 45th Anniversary Mustang Car Show. Ronnie is really excited. Poor thing has not been to a car show in months! He's been looking forward to this show since we went to the 40th anniversary show in Tennessee in 2005! I can't believe it's already here.....where does the time go?
Anyways, I am really looking forward to the upcoming months! How are you planning for Spring? :)

2 comments:

Jackie

YAY! Spring Break is almost here, and you'll be here soon! Hopefully we can see each other here or there before we head to Alabama...can't wait to show you some stuff in person! MISS YA!

Eli

Love the new background to the blog and of course your new bedding. Very nice spring colors. glad you enjoyed your weekend :)

Post a Comment