CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Strawberry Peppermint Twist Cupcakes!





I made these cupcakes to take to my neighborhood Christmas get-together tomorrow. My friend/neighbor Julie is hosting the get-together and asked me to make these after she found the recipe at homemadesimple.com. They were definitely a challenge because I've never made any kind of cupcakes that had a filling. These cupcakes are originally titled "Strawberry Preserve Cupcakes", but I added the festive touch of peppermint, pearls and sprinkles! They are moist, and the strawberry preserve filing is a nice surprise! I made the frosting from scratch, from the same recipe of the pumpkin cupcakes recipe I posted earlier this week. I added a touch a red food coloring to make it a light pink. I even had to give them my own original name because I thought they came out so cute! Enjoy!

STRAWBERRY PEPPERMINT TWIST CUPCAKES

Makes approximately 24 cupcakes

INGREDIENTS
1 package of moist strawberry cake mix
2 cups sour cream
3 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup strawberry preserves
2 muffin pans
24 paper baking cups

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 muffin pans with paper baking cups.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, eggs and water.
Stir with a spoon and/or whisk until well blended.
Fill paper-lined muffin cups 1/2 full with batter.
Using a spoon, make a slight indentation in the center of each cup; fill with a heaping 1/2 teaspoonful of strawberry preserves.
Spoon remaining batter evenly over each filled cup; covering preserves. (Muffin cups should be about 3/4 full).
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If toothpick goes through preserves, it will not come out clean.
Cool for 1 minute and remove from pan. Cool completely before adding icing and toppings as desired. Store in the refrigerator.



3 comments:

Melz

they look professional! good job E!!

Meli

i'm so PROUD of you!!!!!!!! i have to go buy the ingredients asap! i hope mine come out as nice as yours!

Sugar & Spice

I am sooo making these!!

Thank you for posting the recipe :)

Post a Comment